We believe there is not an experience in the world that won’t be transformed by digital technology. The most challenging aspect this poses for today’s businesses is how fast the extraordinary becomes commonplace. Today can do what tomorrow thought impossible - and tomorrow will do the same.
At VML, it is our culture and capability to understand how digital technology is continuously rewriting the rhythms of human behaviour. We are digital optimists: we believe that leading digital lives makes for smarter digital minds. When our clients come to us with a business challenge, we deliver extraordinary, adaptable solutions and experiences that create brand advantage in a world that redefines it everyday. By understanding technology’s role as a fundamental force of change, we help tomorrow’s most successful brands thrive in a world of constant change and digital opportunity.
One of the fastest growing digital networks within WPP, VML has major operations in 26 offices with more than 2,300 employees. At a global level, VML engineers best-in-class digital experiences for some of the most respected brands in the world, including Colgate-Palmolive, Gatorade, Kellogg’s, Microsoft, and Bridgestone.
In London, we power the communications and platforms for some of the UK’s most adopted and recognised heritage brands including Bentley Motors, PepsiCo, Swinton, Warner Music, Sephora and IOC.
The role is for an Account Manager working on two major global brands – one a luxury automotive brand and the other a popular premium cosmetics retailer. Although, you will be expected to support on other VML clients and prospects as appropriate.
Daily contact with clients is a key part of the job, so offering new and forward-thinking ideas is essential to the productive communication process. Often, an Account Manager will be expected to pitch to clients, so a very confident and assertive attitude is necessary to promote the agency’s ideas and benefits.
One of the most important tasks as an account manager is to write and deliver the brief; a well targeted brief is often the making of a great campaign and should convey the client’s requirements accurately.
- To be responsible for building deep and trustworthy relationships with key identified clients and interagency relationships
- To demonstrate ability to build relationships and sell in ideas where appropriate
Strategic and client development
- To develop an understanding of the client’s business, issues and objectives
- To understand and identify learning’s from the statistical reporting, competitor reviews and general industry knowledge
- To focus on converting client development opportunities through the client as well as through the clients organisation
- To be able to generate ideas, write proposals and demonstrate ability to sell in the work
- To support the new business team, where required, ensuring we are pushing our work into press and awards etc.
- To be responsible for all account management tasks on the account (status reports, reporting and analysis etc.)
- To demonstrate and lead by example against VML values
- To be the client within the agency and to own the quality control of output particularly from the creative and technical teams. To escalate any issues promptly and appropriately
- To be responsible for the quality of direct reports output
- To ensure we deliver creative and challenging ideas and excellent quality implementation
- To push the boundaries and look to take a leading position in everything we deliver
- To be responsible for revenue and billing management including forecasts and continual monitoring of burn on all relevant projects.
- It is the Account Manager’s responsibility to support the Account leads in identifying and developing growth opportunities and overseeing the implementation
- To understand and look to resolve or escalate any project management issues that may impact billing and profitability milestones
Skills and Experience:
- 2 to 4 years' agency/client experience
- Integrated or digital background
- Experience of localisation/working across multiple markets would be an advantage
- Interest of or experience in planning/creating content for the gaming industry (in any form) would be ideal.
- A good understanding of database marketing and experience in segmentation and targeting
- Creative – you’ll understand your clients business better than anyone in the building and be able to inspire your creative teams to do great work
- Production – you’ll work closely with the production team to ensure client marketing objectives are being met and the agency is always putting forward the best work
- Finance – you are a fiscally responsible person; tasked with billing and forecasting revenue for projects and working with your Account Director to ensure profitability milestones are being met
- Clients – you’re responsible for building deep and trustworthy relationships with key identified client and you’ll be perceived as their business partner